Recipe by: Diana Rattray, About.com
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (I guessed about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 large peaches, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 scant teaspoon cinnamon
In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat 10 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl combine the 1 2/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times. Spread/pat the batter into the prepared pan. Slice the peaches and arrange over the batter, pressing lightly, in a concentric circle, overlapping as needed.
Combine the topping ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumbs over the peaches. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until golden brown and peaches are tender and bubbly.